If aesthetics are an issue when selecting the type of window protection to install at your establishment, then Hammerglass offers the perfect solution. It provides an invisible deterrent against vandalism and casual intruder entry, looking like standard glazing from a distance.
Hammerglass offers virtually unbreakable, bullet and blast resistant* glazing solutions to anyone in need of protection against broken glass and burglary. Our customers include local authorities, schools, shops, businesses, public buildings and individuals who face high costs for replacing glass panes after vandalism and burglary attempts. (*non-scientific test)
What is Hammerglass?
Hammerglass must NOT be confused with regular polycarbonate. Regular uncoated or thin coated polycarbonate quickly becomes yellow and abrades easily over time. Hammerglass is a specially coated polycarbonate sheet and its coating consists of a silicone oxide layer, which is similar to glass. This combination provides unique qualities.
The cost of an attack with broken glass is high and can be an inconvenience:
- Security company emergency call
- New window pane m2
Moreover, in the case of a burglary:
- Stolen damaged inventory
- Insurance and police declaration
- Cleaning costs
- Work hours lost
- Psychological distress
Schools, shops, shopping malls, public buildings, office blocks, petrol stations, pharmacies, bus shelters, media display cabinets – or anywhere you want to protect against vandalism or break-ins.
Hammerglass Single is of a single ply construction supplied in different thicknesses for mounting/installing into existing framework and over glaze profiles. Ideal for older window frames for example listed buildings and commercial properties etc.
With its unique, tough, durable, hard wearing surface, Hammerglass Single is a popular choice for use in both the initial stages of a new build design through to the replacement glazing.
Installing Hammerglass Single would mean no alterations to existing architecture.
Hammerglass Insulate is an insulated glazing unit fitted with Hammerglass which is 300 times stronger than the corresponding thickness of normal glass, half the weight and virtually unbreakable!
Hammerglass Insulate is available as double or triple glazing with Hammerglass in the outer pane and normal glass in the inner panes. Hammerglass can be delivered in different security classes.
Hammerglass insulate offers protection in environments that often experience problems with vandalism or break-ins.
All window manufacturers /aluminium installers can deliver windows or doors with Hammerglass in the frames.
Security Class and Certificates
Hammerglass is approved according to EN-356 in the following security classes:
- 6mm Hammerglass Single P7B
- 8-12MM Hammerglass Single P8B (equivalent to Protection Level 3, the highest safety rating for anti-burglary grilles and shutters)
- Hammerglass is also certified according to British Police Standards “Secured by Design”
- Virtually unbreakable
- Lightweight – half the weight of normal glass (density 1,2 kg/m2/mm)
- Safe and easy to handle, cut and install
- Graffiti resistant – as easy as cleaning a whiteboard
- UV resistant – 99.96%
- High optical clarity – Very high light transmittance
- Secured by Design – Certification according to British Police standards for ‘designing out’ crime
- Self-extinguishing – Does not contribute to the spread of fire.
- Certified product – Well documented: P7B, P8B (EN 356 Security Classification).
- ISO: 9001:2008:14001:2004 Laser marked with logo and serial number for traceability.
- 10 years warranty for Hammerglass single
- 5 years warranty for Hammerglass insulate